Re: Two issues involving unsubscribe - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Two issues involving unsubscribe
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc, all:
>
> First off, I'd love to see some unsubscribe links available at
> www.postgresq.org/community/lists.   Currently you have to drill down via
> the archives to get to the unsub links; this confuses a lot of users ( I
> know I didn't find it on the first try) and as a result I end up fielding
> about a dozen "how do I unsubscribe" questions a week.
>
> Second, (this is for Marc) I'd like to know what's possible in the way of
> banning certain addresses from subscribing, either to specific lists or to
> all lists.  What I want to ban is:
> 1) anyone from uol.com.br or other domains which use email-back security;
> 2) certain people who cronically put on vacation notices without suspending
> their subscriptions;
> 3) users like the one today who sent me a profanity-filled request to
> unsubscribe.
>
> It seems like majordomo has tools to do some of the above, but they seem to
> be per-list only, and to require some knowledge of the filter syntax.
> Marc?

Hell no, and fairly easy ... we have a slew of them right now ... for more
details, look at the access_rules documentation, but here is what is in
place right now across all lists ... I even have one in place for the
@uol.com.br like you requested ages back ... if its not working, though,
I'll look into the 'why', as its possible I have ordering wrong:

configset DEFAULT access_rules <<ENDAAB
post
deny, reason="The message is too big"
$body_length_exceeded

post
deny, reply=NONE
$taboo_spamassassin > 6

post
consult, reply=NONE
$taboo_spamassassin

post
deny, reply=NONE
$taboo_virus_subject

post
deny, reply=NONE
$taboo_subject

post
deny, reason="Not a valid mailing list"
$taboo_to_header

post
deny, reply=NONE
$addrcomment =~ /Mail Delivery System/i || $addrcomment =~ /Mail Delivery Subsystem/i || $addrcomment =~ /virus/i

post
deny, reply=NONE
$addrcomment =~ /Policy Filter/i || $addrcomment =~ /Forum Access/i || $addrcomment =~ /DrWeb-DAEMON/i || $addrcomment
=~/Content Filter/i

post
deny, reply=NONE
/mailer-daemon/i OR /virus/i OR /listserv/i OR /postmaster/i OR /mdaemon/i

post
deny, reply=NONE
$host =~ /^svr1.postgresql\.org$/ AND NOT @

post
deny, reply=NONE
$host =~ /^forum\.postgresql\.org$/ AND NOT @

post
deny, reply=NONE
$dup

post
unset=dup_checksum, unset=dup_partial_checksum
ALL

subscribe
deny
/@uol.com.br/