Re: Non-Unique intems - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Srinivas Iyyer
Subject Re: Non-Unique intems
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi Sean and group,
 thank you for your help. It worked.
However, I guess I stepped on a land mine of unique
and non-unique items.

Here is the problem:
(Example data) I have table A:

seq_id   seq_name
123        ITAM3
234        ITAR

Table B:

spot_id  seq_id   image_name
849343    123       IMAGE: 12335
1348238   234       IMAGE: 12335

Table C:

exp_id |  spot_id  | spot_value
-------|-----------|-----------

Data to insert into Table C
IMAGE: 12335   98.03344

Here the log of query:

arraydb=# SELECT spotanno_id from spotanno
arraydb-# where spotanno_imageid = 'IMAGE:755402';
 spotanno_id
-------------
      849343
     1348238
(2 rows)

arraydb=# select * from spotanno where spotanno_id =
849343;
 spotanno_id | seq_id | spotanno_imageid
-------------+--------+------------------
      849343 |  75343 | IMAGE:755402
(1 row)

arraydb=# select * from spotanno where spotanno_id =
1348238;
 spotanno_id | seq_id | spotanno_imageid
-------------+--------+------------------
     1348238 |  50475 | IMAGE:755402
(1 row)

arraydb=# select * from seqdump where seq_id = 50475;
 seq_id |  seq_acc  | seq_name
--------+-----------+----------
  50475 | NM_005501 | ITGA3
(1 row)

arraydb=# select * from seqdump where seq_id = 75343;
 seq_id |  seq_acc  | seq_name
--------+-----------+----------
  75343 | NM_002204 | ITGA3
(1 row)

An instance of row of the data file that to be
uploaded:

IMAGE:755402    0.299781845119261
12.3638881597060

The question:
when I have a non-unique item (viz. IMAGE:755402 )
what is the approach one should generally take.

Do you have any suggestions/solution. Please help me.

Thanks again.

-sri