Renaming a sequence? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From
Subject Renaming a sequence?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

I just renamed some of my tables, but I now have sequences with older names.
I followed info from http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-altersequence.html :

"Some variants of ALTER TABLE can be used with    sequences as well; for example, to rename a sequence use ALTER
TABLERENAME"

So this is what I did:

ALTER TABLE topic_id_seq RENAME TO watchlist_id_seq;

That *appeared* to work, but I still see the old sequence name:

mydb => \d watchlist
                                     Table "public.watchlist"
Column    |            Type             |                       Modifiers
 id           | integer                      | not null default nextval('public.topic_id_seq'::text)
    "pk_topic_id" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)

It looks like my sequence WAS renamed, but my table's PK points to the old sequence name, which is not supposed to
existany more.  Is there any way to change this without killing the sequence?

Thanks,
Otis