Re: planner with index scan cost way off actual cost, - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: planner with index scan cost way off actual cost,
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 10:40:45PM +1200, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> I was going to recommend higher - but not knowing what else was running,
> kept it to quite conservative :-)... and given he's running java, the
> JVM could easily eat 512M all by itself!

Oh, didn't pick up on java being in the mix. Yeah, it can be a real pig.
I think people often place too much emphasis on having a seperate
application server, but in the case of java you often have no choice.