Re: Migration study, step 1: bulk write performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: Migration study, step 1: bulk write performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Did you try mounting ext3 whith data=writeback by chance? People have
> found that makes a big difference in performance.

I'm not sure, there's other people here doing the OS stuff - I'm pretty
much ignorant about what "data=writeback" could mean :-D

They knew however that for the data partitions no FS journaling is
needed, and for the WAL partition meta data journaling is enough, so I
guess they tuned ext3 for this.

Cheers,
Csaba.