Create Rule syntax. - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Create Rule syntax.
Date
List pgsql-docs
Hopefully this is the correct list to post this message.

I was comparing the rendering of the Create Rule Syntax regarding "(actions)" from the page:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/rules-update.html

CREATE RULE rule_name AS ON event
    TO object [WHERE rule_qualification]
    DO [ALSO|INSTEAD] [action | (actions) | NOTHING];
                                ^^^^^^^^^
to the syntax from the psql \h create rule.

Syntax:
CREATE [ OR REPLACE ] RULE name AS ON event
    TO table [ WHERE condition ]
    DO [ ALSO | INSTEAD ] { NOTHING | command | ( command ; command ... ) }

The diffences are not major. However, for a newbie like myself I felt the syntax of "(actions)"
was a little vague.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.