cannot find odbc library to link to for c program - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Doug Stade
Subject cannot find odbc library to link to for c program
Date
List pgsql-odbc
   SUMMARY:

   I have written a c program that uses odbc functions, I do not know the
   name of odbc postgres library I need to link to on windows.

   Can someone tell me the name of the library and where I can find it.

   DETAILS:

   To compile the program on unix I just need to link to lodbc

   The final link command on unix (aix433 in this case) looks like this:

   % gcc -o function_tester -L/host/f/postgresql-8.1.3/aix433/lib
   ceargs.o function_tester.o  -lodbc -llcfdb -Wl

   On windows I get the following error that indicates to me that I need
   a comparable odbc library to link to on windows.

    % link /nologo /warn:3 /NODEFAULTLIB:libcpmt.lib
   /out:function_tester.exe
   *.obj *.res  lcfdb.lib   "/libpath:d:\host\f\postgresql-8.1.3\lib"
   "/libpath:D:\Progra~1\Micros~1\VC98\lib"

    setargv.obj commode.obj

   lcfdb.lib(oconnect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
   _SQLDisconne[1]ct@4
   lcfdb.lib(oconnect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
   _SQLFreeHand[2]le@8
   lcfdb.lib(oconnect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
   _SQLAllocHan[3]dle@12

   function_tester.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 11 unresolved externals
   NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
   Stop.

 Other information:

   The installation I am using on windows (and unix) is postgres 8.1.3.
   I installed on windows using the postgresql-8.1.msi installer program.

   I use nmake and cl from Microsoft visual studio to compile.

Thanks

Doug