Re: What's a good default encoding? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From CSN
Subject Re: What's a good default encoding?
Date
List pgsql-general
I tried changing my database to UTF8 and then
importing the dump (even tried iconv). It choked (on
an accented e). Then somehow the database got created
as LATIN9, and I was able to import successfully. I
guess if it works, I'll be leaving it alone for the
time being.

I still have problems when emdashes are stored in the
database as HTML entities, but they're displayed as
emdashes in a web form, but then get stored back in
the database wrong when edited (an accented A IIRC). I
dunno - maybe it's a browser or Rails thing.

CSN