Re: Fwd: Question - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Fwd: Question
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 05:09:56PM -0500, German Raul Hoyos Parravicino wrote:
> I have a problem developing a ECPG program. I am making a programa using
> FETCH, when the second row is sent the following message appear:
>
> ==>sqlcode [-213] msg[NULL value without indicator in line 1192.]
[...]
> Is it possible to use something similar to "isnull" in Oracle?

Are you looking for the SQL-standard COALESCE?

test=> SELECT COALESCE('foo', 'bar');
 coalesce
----------
 foo
(1 row)

test=> SELECT COALESCE(NULL, 'bar');
 coalesce
 bar
(1 row)

See also the ECPG documentation on using indicators to detect NULL.

--
Michael Fuhr