Re: Corporate design - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From elein
Subject Re: Corporate design
Date
Re: Corporate design  (elein <elein@varlena.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 07:28:55PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Over the weekend I was at a regional "Linux" event and it struck me that
> we have an underspecified and poorly enforced corporate design.  Sure
> we have a logo, and we often use the color blue, but we need to be more
> specific.  I'm thinking we need to specify
>
> - logo
> - color (exact RGB/CMYK/XYZ values)
> - font (preferrably one that is available to the public)
> - list of recommended slogans with exact spelling
>
> This could be a page on the web somewhere that designers of merchandise
> can refer to.  That way, next time we have CDs, pins, brochures,
> stickers, posters, and business cards make by six different people,
> they all look the same nevertheless.
>
> Comments?

This is a very good idea.  I used the pictures from the logo
site for the pins.  In the process I had to dig up the color
values.  We need the RGB and pantone values.  Most software
does not do pantone.  I'll see if I can find the pantone
value I used unless someone else gets it first.

--elein