Re: BUG #2292: Calling conventions in docs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: BUG #2292: Calling conventions in docs
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Adriaan van Os wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Adriaan van Os <pgres@microbizz.nl> writes:
> >> The manual is simply taking an old prejudice as a fact.
> >
> > No, it is stating a fact as as fact.  The existence of one
> > counterexample does not disprove the generalization.
>
> Keep dreaming. Ignorance rules the world.

Is your claim that over a signifcant fraction of all such products, the
default setting is such that it would just work (without for example
annotating the function in any way - which is basically a significant
enough barrier to be difficult for many users)? That's what would be
necessary to say that it isn't "often difficult". If the claim is that
this one product makes it easy, that's insufficient to disprove "often
difficult" although we could potentially note things that would make it
easier.