Problem with Function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eduardo Muñoz
Subject Problem with Function
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, I'm new with pgSQL and I'm not sure why, but I
keep getting the same error. I want to call a function
that returns a cursor and I keep getting the following
exception:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: cursor
"<unnamed portal 1>" does not exist

I would appreciate any help with this problem.

This is my JDBC code:

Connection objlConnection =
ConnectionPool.getConnection(saJNDI);
CallableStatement statement = null;
ResultSet rs = null;
try{
    statement = objlConnection.prepareCall("{? = call
ret_user(?)}");
    statement.registerOutParameter(1, Types.OTHER);
    statement.setObject(2, "munoze");
    statement.execute();
    rs = (ResultSet)statement.getObject(1);
    while(rs.next()){
        System.out.println(rs.getString(1));
        System.out.println(rs.getString(2));
        System.out.println(rs.getString(3));
    }
    rs.close();
    statement.close();
} catch (SQLExcepton e){

This is my function code:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
traer_usuario(pnombreusuario "varchar")
  RETURNS refcursor AS
$BODY$
DECLARE
    ccursor refcursor;
BEGIN
    open ccursor for
    select nombreusuario,
        contrasena,
        idrol
    from usuario
    where nombreusuario = quote_literal($1);

    RETURN ccursor;
END;
$BODY$
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;