Re: [HACKERS] how solve diff of API counstruct_md_array between - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] how solve diff of API counstruct_md_array between
Date
List pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > -- Start of PGP signed section.

> > > I like it. Arguably the development period between 8.1 and 8.2
> > > could be designated 80190 (8.1.90) with various betas being
> > > 80191-80199. But hey, having any symbol define the current version
> > > is better than nothing at all.
> > >
> > > Thanks for this,
> > > --
> > > Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog@svana.org>
> > > http://svana.org/kleptog/

> > OK, updated version of the patch attached and applied.
>
> I still object to this.  What is wrong with using the catalog version
> number?

It is pretty obscure to use a date stamp like that, rather than a number
just like PQserverVersion().  Also, it gives minor version information
that the catalog version does not.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us
  SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com