Re: How to determine number of established connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: How to determine number of established connections
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 07:39:55PM +0200, Andrus wrote:
> When connectiong to database my application needs to determine how many
> connections is currently established to Postgres server.

You could query pg_stat_activity or the underlying statistics
collector functions.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/monitoring-stats.html

Statistics collector reports lag behind actual activity but they
might suffice for whatever you're doing.  Why does your application
need to know this?

--
Michael Fuhr