BUG #2265: CREATE TABLE when AUTOCOMMIT is OFF - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Gerhard Lutz
Subject BUG #2265: CREATE TABLE when AUTOCOMMIT is OFF
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2265
Logged by:          Gerhard Lutz
Email address:      gerhard.lutz@mbtech-group.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.3
Operating system:   Windows XP SP2
Details:

I want to upgrade my PostgreSQL server from 8.0.4 to 8.1.3.
My application connects to the database via ODBC.
After connecting to the database I set the AUTOCOMMIT mode to OFF.

::SQLSetConnectAttr(g_hDBConnection, SQL_ATTR_AUTOCOMMIT,
(SQLPOINTER)SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_OFF), 0);

Now, if I want do create a table via ODBC, e.g.

"CREATE TABLE db_version ( hv integer, uv integer, nv integer, r integer,
rel integer)"

, I get the error message

"Error while executing the query;
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block (7)"

In PostgreSQL 8.0.4 I was able to create a table in AUTOCOMMIT mode OFF
without any error. Is this a bug in 8.1.3?