Re: Using calculated columns as arguments in same SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Burke
Subject Re: Using calculated columns as arguments in same SELECT
Date
List pgsql-sql
On February 16, 2006 11:07 am, Michael Burke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking to simplify this query (uses PostGIS, but I have encountered
> this scenario with other chains of functions):

-- snip --

Immediately after sending this one, I realized I could do it with a
sub-select:

gtest=# SELECT X(SubSel.transformed_geom), Y(SubSel.transformed_geom) FROM ( SELECT SetSRID(   Transform(
GeomFromText(      'POINT(142512 1020225)', 26910     ), 4326   ), -1) AS transformed_geom) SubSel;

This works fine.
Mike.

--
Michael Burke