function callback - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Shevchenko
Subject function callback
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

Sorry if this was answered before, I was unable to find anything in archives.

Here's a problem I'm facing:

I have a "mimetype" table with all mimetypes my app has to deal with. I'm in a
process of adding a fulltext indexing (tsearch2) into my DB and I want to
specify a per-mimetype conversion function which would convert corresponding
data into a text suitable for indexing. PostgreSQL has a "regprocedure"
datatype (an alias to OID?) which can be added as a column to my "mimetype"
table but I can't find a way to execute a function by regprocedure from
pl/pgsql. Is there any way to do it except writing my own "C" function ? Or
maybe I'd better off adding a "text" field for function name and calling it
from pl/pgsql with EXECUTE "string" ?

--
Best Regards,
Igor Shevchenko