Re: ignore_killed_tuples is always true - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From ITAGAKI Takahiro
Subject Re: ignore_killed_tuples is always true
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> It's not saving any noticeable amount of code, and what it is doing
> is removing functionality we might want someday.  It's not hard to
> imagine pgstattuple or VACUUM or other maintenance operations wanting
> to look at killed index entries.

I suggested it not for performance, but for simplicity of code. So if we
still need it, I agree to leave it.

Moreover, LP_DELETEed tuples might be useful for Bitmap NOT And/Or join,
not only maintenance operations. Union-side of bitmap should not contain
LP_DELETEed tuples, and Except-side should do.

---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Cyber Space Laboratories