Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Could Oracle modify PHP and JBoss so they work poorly with open source
> databases?

Just read the article, and did I miss something?  Zend != PHP, at least
not like Java == Sun ... PHP is not closed software, so how exactly would
Oracle modify PHP to work poorly with open source databases?

Now, I just checked the PHP5 LICENSE file, and it isn't GPL or BSD, but
the license is held by 'The PHP Group', not by Zend ...

Again, did I miss something that happened recently that put PHP under
Zend's control?

----