Re: Return more then one value using PL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Return more then one value using PL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:23:55AM -0800, Benjamin Arai wrote:
> What languages allow you to return more than one value using PL?  For
> example, I read that PL/Python only supports returning a single value.

What do you mean by "more than one value"?  Multiple columns
(composite type), multiple rows (set), or both?  In any case, the
documentation for each language describes its capabilities.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/server-programming.html

Of the standard languages in PostgreSQL 8.1 you can return sets,
composite types, and sets of composite types with C, SQL, PL/pgSQL,
and PL/Perl but not with PL/Tcl or PL/Python.  Third-party languages
with support for sets and composite types include PL/Ruby, PL/php,
PL/R, PL/Java, and possibly others.

--
Michael Fuhr