Re: Sequences/defaults and pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joachim Wieland
Subject Re: Sequences/defaults and pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 09:49:02AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > The correct solution to this is to forbid ALTER COLUMN SET DEFAULT on
> > a serial column, but we haven't gotten around to enforcing that yet.

> TODO has:

>     * %Disallow changing default expression of a SERIAL column

This should go along with another command like

... ALTER COLUMN DROP SERIAL

which drops the serial and removes the dependencies to get rid of it in a
clean way, right?

Joachim

--
Joachim Wieland                                              joe@mcknight.de
C/ Usandizaga 12 1°B                                           ICQ: 37225940