Re: Source ports for psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew Smith
Subject Re: Source ports for psql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Tom,

Thanks for the reply. So in other words, the postgres clients do not use a
specific range for the source port (as a specific decision by the developers,
or as written down in a given spec), but rather relies on the operating
system's socket implementation to assign a source port?

So in practice the source port can be any non-privileged port (from postgreses
point of view)?

I only ask this clarification to be sure to pass on the correct info on to the
administrator of the firewall...

Thanks,

Matt Smith