Re: psql tab completion enhancements - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joachim Wieland
Subject Re: psql tab completion enhancements
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 01:59:19PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I will adjust this patch based on later feedback emails.

I have another version of the patch. Minor style errors are corrected in it.

As far as I can see, open items are:

- Should all the

    const char* foocompletion = { "BAR", "BAZ" };

  be changed to

    char* foocompletion = { "BAR", "BAZ" };

  (including all functions that deal with that and take const char*'s now)
  or should a cast be used only for the growable-list-case.

- is the simple list_add_item() algorithm sufficient for the psql use case
  or not?

I append the version of the patch that I think is the latest I have.

Joachim

Attachment