Re: PostgreSQL best practices? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leonard Soetedjo
Subject Re: PostgreSQL best practices?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 31 January 2006 14:09, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> At present time, your best bet is to drop in on the IRC channel and ask
> questions there. You'll normally get an immediate reply, even if it's
> just a URL to look at.

As a beginner, I feel not knowing where to start and what to ask in IRC or
mailing list (e.g. previously I didn't know that PostgreSQL has replication,
until I join the mailing list for some time).  And in the mailing list, I saw
that there are repetitive questions asking about replication advice such as
what are the current choices, difference, caveats etc.  I suppose that trend
is due to lack of beginner's documentation?  (the answer might be in
PostgreSQL documentation, but I do find it rather technical for a beginner
like me to understand).

Is there a FAQ or wiki that has a list of answer to beginners' questions?  It
might not be complete or specific answers, but at least it gives some
direction to the questioner.

I found Varlena.com's PostgreSQL General Bits to be quite good.  However the
archives are sorted by date and therefore more difficult to discover
articles/tips (regarding new PostgreSQL features, for example).

Regards,

Leonard Soetedjo