Re: Demo ideas? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Kenneth Marshall
Subject Re: Demo ideas?
Date
Re: Demo ideas?  (Thomas Hallgren <thomas@tada.se>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:29:39PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> > And don't forget to mention
> > PL/Java ;-)
>
> You'll be happy to know that the analyst had a specific question about java
> procedural support.
>
> BTW, what happened to the discussion of moving PL/java into core for 8.2?
>
> --
> --Josh

Josh,

We tried to include PL/java in our standard build, but the version of
the zlib library in the JVM is ancient and the incompatibility would
cause the DB to crash. Until we can get a JVM built against a current
library from Sun I think it would be a bad idea to have PL/java in
the core.

Ken