How to find release notes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Russ Brown
Subject How to find release notes
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm looking at www.postgrsql.org and wondering how to find the release
notes for 8.1.2.

I can see the link for the 8.1.2 release, but that just links to a
directory of the release tarballs. Actually, all that would be needed
here would be a text file in that directory containing the release
notes.

My reasoning for wanting the release notes if to decide if a) I
actually need to upgrade from 8.1.1 and b) if there are any special
upgrade steps I need to perform.

Finding release notes is one thing I've always struggled with when it
comes to PostrgreSQL. I'm sure that the information it there, it just
seems to be rather difficult to get to from the site homepage. Any
chance it could be made a little easier?

Thanks.

--

Russ