Re: Stack Depth - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Stack Depth
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 03:48:38PM -0800, Bricklen Anderson wrote:
> Bob Pawley wrote:
> >I understand the default stack depth is about 2 meg. How do I determine
> >what the stack depth should be so that I avoid this error?
>
> check max_stack_depth in your postgresql.conf file

Before mucking with max_stack_depth, investigate whether the triggers
are causing infinite recursion (an insert fires a trigger, which
does an insert, which fires a trigger, which does an insert, ad
infinitum).  If that's happening then increasing the stack depth
will merely prolong the agony.

--
Michael Fuhr