Re: BUG #2195: log_min_messages crash server when in DEBUG3 to - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: BUG #2195: log_min_messages crash server when in DEBUG3 to
Date
Re: BUG #2195: log_min_messages crash server when in DEBUG3 to
List pgsql-bugs
Milen A. Radev wrote:
> Tom Lane writes:
> > "Jaime Casanova" <systemguards@gmail.com> writes:
> >> in my machine (win xp) i was trying to start psql (8.1.1) with
> >> log_min_messages to debug5 (just to see the messages :) but even the
> >> service start i cannot use psql nor pgadmin i receive an error of
> >> server  closed the connection unexpectedly
> >
> > Can't reproduce this on Linux using 8.1 branch tip, so either it's
> > Windows-specific or it's been fixed recently ...
> >

>  Should be windows-specific - I can reproduce it with 8.1.2 on WinXP SP2
> and I can't reproduce it with 8.1.2 on Slackware Linux 9.1 (kernel 2.6.15).
>
> By the way I have the crash report files Windows created -
> postgres.exe.hdmp, postgres.exe.mdmp, appcompat.txt and manifest.txt.

I was able to reproduce this on Unix by adding -DEXEC_BACKEND to the
compile line.  It errors out on DEBUG3 and higher.  I assume the problem
is that the debug system is not initialized properly in the EXEC_BACKEND
case.  Win32 uses -DEXEC_BACKEND so that is why Win32 is failing.