Re: [HACKERS] Adding a --quiet option to initdb - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Adding a --quiet option to initdb
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Adding a --quiet option to initdb
List pgsql-patches
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> We have the same options with reindexdb, for example.

reindexdb and friends inherited that option from psql.  On a green
field, they probably wouldn't have it.  psql has more complex
semantics, so it's not clear whether that's the same thing.

> I think a command line options is better and required.

I think we need more proof of that than a use case involving taking
screen shots.

--
Peter Eisentraut