patch: BEGIN and autocommit(false) - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Ludek Finstrle
Subject patch: BEGIN and autocommit(false)
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 03:03:54PM +0100, Marc Herbert wrote:
> Ludek Finstrle <luf@pzkagis.cz> writes:
> >>  1. set SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_OFF
> >
> > Yes you do ... When you use autocommit = off you have to start and end
> > transaction manually.
>
> Wrong: in ODBC, you just have to "end" transactions manually, you
> don't have to start them, they are implicitely started when the
> previous one ends.
>
> In ODBC (and JDBC), you are ALWAYS inside a transaction, there is no
> such thing as a transactional "no man's land" from an ODBC interface
> point of view (internal, hidden implementation details may differ).

I hope I solve this issue in psqlodbc driver. Thank you Marc for pointing
me the right way.
Patch attached (it's created againist 08.01.0107 development snapshot,
not againist CVS). This patch depend on psqlodbc-implicit_rollback.diff
one.

Please review and comment

Luf

Attachment