Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-( - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:14:27AM +0100, Antoine wrote:
> think about it - we do very little removing, pretty much only inserts and
> selects. I will give it a vacuum full and see what happens.

UPDATES?  Remember that, in Postgres, UPDATE is effectively DELETE +
INSERT (from the point of view of storage, not the point of view of
the user).

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.
        --Roger Brinner