patch for [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000522 ] Enabling logging breaks ODBC for non administrators - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Ludek Finstrle
Subject patch for [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000522 ] Enabling logging breaks ODBC for non administrators
Date
List pgsql-odbc
> Bugs item #1000522, was opened at 2006-01-07 18:52
> You can respond by visiting:
> http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=538&aid=1000522&group_id=1000125
> Initial Comment:
> Steps to reproduce (tested on windows 2003)
>
> 1. Create a user DSN logged in as a non-admin user
> 2. Create another user DSN logged in as admin user. As this user, enable logging ("mylog")
> 3. Try to configure the DSN logged in as a non admin user. The ODBC driver crashes with error 998.
>
> This is probably because it can't write to the logfile? Which brings up two points:
>
> 1) There should be error checking for that :-) If that's exactly what it is.
>
> 2) The logfiles are completely usless for non-administrative users, since they are hardcoded to c:\. This should be
configurable,or if it's hardcode dit should at least be hardcoded to the temp directory (as set in the environment),
notto c:\. This is true even if my assumption that this permissions issue is what causes the problem specified.

Here is the patch for mail archive. It use the easiest way. It isn't
possible for user without write permission to C:\ to enable logs.
I think we need time for developing new version more then better solution
for this.

Please review and comment

Luf

Attachment