[ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000509 ] TextAsLongVarchar=0 don't work - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From
Subject [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000509 ] TextAsLongVarchar=0 don't work
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Bugs item #1000509, was opened at 2005-12-27 13:25
You can respond by visiting:
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=538&aid=1000509&group_id=1000125

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
select min(codi) from table123

return LongVarchar, also if I have specified TextAsLongVarchar=0. I need a varchar.

Thanks

Comment By: Ludek Finstrle (luf)
Date: 2006-01-10 17:32

Message:
I attach Windows zipped DLLs. DLLs have to replace existing psqlODBC installation (in case additional DLLs and registry
settings).

Please try and report

Comment By: Ludek Finstrle (luf)
Date: 2006-01-09 20:35

Message:
We communicate more privately. The reporter show me the bug. I hope I find the solution. Patch is attached.

The driver is returning varchar now but it returns length 8190 instead of max varchar size.

Please try and report.

Comment By: Ludek Finstrle (luf)
Date: 2006-01-08 12:46

Message:
typ = 25 is text. This returns backend. We can't change it here.

Why you post so small log entry? I don't see the right place where does yours expectance differ from reality. I don't
seeyours settings ... How do you get the data?
Please include whole log or send it to me.

Comment By: Nobody (None)
Date: 2006-01-02 12:57

Message:
CODI is varchar(4)

driver versione 8.01.01.06

[4076]LIBPQ_execute_query: query =  select min(codi), max(codi_provv_tipo) from bitbprov
[4076]LIBPQ_execute_query: recent_processed_row_count = 1
[4076]LIBPQ_execute_query: rest types ...
[4076]CC_mapping: entering ...
[4076]CC_mapping: rows = 1, columns = 2
[4076]CC_mapping: column = 0
[4076]CC_mapping: set field info: name = min, typ = 25, typlen = 8190, attypmod = -1

typ = 25 probably is long varchar
I need will be varchar and typlen=254.

Comment By: Ludek Finstrle (luf)
Date: 2005-12-28 20:29

Message:
I see no problem at first sight. Please could you write which version of psqlodbc do you use?
I need your mylog output to see what's going wrong.
What do you mean with "return LongVarchar"?
What column type is codi?