BUG #2152: psql crash reproducible - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject BUG #2152: psql crash reproducible
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2152
Logged by:          Andreas Kretschmer
Email address:      andreas@a-kretschmer.de
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.0
Operating system:   Debian/Linux
Details:

i wrote a wrong query, and psql crash:

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

test=# select x from (select extract(dow from ('2006/01/01'::date +
(generate_series(0,10)||'days')::interval)::date)) x;
        before or while processing the request.

I know, the query is wrong, but the client lost the connection. I'm not a
hacker, but i think, this is a bug, in the client or in the server, i don't
know.

Btw.: PG is very great! Thanks all developers for PostgreSQL!