Re: can't connect to postgresql via phppgadmin and pgaccess - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From A. Kretschmer
Subject Re: can't connect to postgresql via phppgadmin and pgaccess
Date
List pgsql-novice
am  05.01.2006, um  4:14:24 -0800 mailte First Last folgendes:

> i'm trying to use phppgadmin to connect to postgresql and
> except for the 'www-data' account, no other account could

Your Webserver runs with this id, and so you can log in into pg with
this username.

> log on to the database. i tried tweaking all the config
> files (pg_hba.conf, postgresql.conf, etc) but to no avail.
> it always gives me the 'FATAL: IDENT Authentication failed
> for user [username]'.

comment the line in pg_hba.conf
"local   all         postgres                          ident sameuser"

and change to:
"local   all         all                               trust"

Then you can login with other login name.

You should read this:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/client-authentication.html

PS.: please no stupid Top-Posting with Fullquote.

HTH, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47212,      D1: 0160/7141639