Re: how to add a new column to system table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: how to add a new column to system table
Date
List pgsql-general
xiapw wrote:
> I wanted to add a new column to system table(pg_database),but failed
> at last. Who know how to do this and can you tell me ?

It is pretty complicated.  I would pick an existing column in the table
and find all references to that in the backend, then adjust other values
to match.  Actually adding a column to a system table is quite complex
and you might be better off creating a new table that refernces
pg_database and linking to it.