Re: [BUGS] BUG #2114: (patch) COPY FROM ... end of - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #2114: (patch) COPY FROM ... end of
Date
List pgsql-patches
Luke Lonergan wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> On 12/27/05 10:20 AM, "Bruce Momjian" <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
>
> > OK, original patch applied to HEAD and smaller version to 8.1.X, and
> > regression test added, now attached.
>
> Great, good catch.
>
> Have you tested performance, before and after?
>
> The only good way to test performance is using a fast enough I/O subsystem
> that you are CPU-bound, which means >60MB/s of write speed.
>
> I'd be happy to get you an account on one.

I don't need to test performance because it is the same code, just with
macros and the two functions merged.  I do have an optimization for that
loop but I saw no improvement so I didn't apply it.  It was basically to
advance the pointer in a tight look just checking for \r, \n, and \\,
but it seems the larger loop isn't much slower than a tight one.