Re: Installation trouble - Solved - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Installation trouble - Solved
Date
Re: Installation trouble - Solved
List pgsql-general
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Well... PGDG RPM Building Project only aims to build RPMs for Red Hat
> and Fedora Core. This has been so before, and personally *I* intend to
> continue with the same policy.

I specifically recall that this was once exactly not the policy, but of
course you are free to do what you want.  (In my mind it certainly
makes technical sense to produce operating system specific packages.)

But I have two requests to clarify this situation:

1. Adjust the description of the pgfoundry project pgsqlrpms to
something like "This project aims to build PostgreSQL RPMS for Red Hat
and Fedora and maintain them."

2. When you put them on the FTP server, put them in a subdirectory
"redhat" (instead of or below "linux") to avoid that users fall into
the trap redhat == linux == rpm.

--
Peter Eisentraut