Re: Installation trouble - Solved - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Installation trouble - Solved
Date
List pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >The distinction is that RPMs and pginstaller are port-specific, binary
> >distributions.
> >

> So they can't be considered official port releases for the PGDG? They
> are not "forks".
> Or, are you saying that the only official PGDG release is the source?

Yes, I think the only official PGDG stuff is source.  The binaries are
done by port-specific teams.  PGDG doesn't deal with MSI installer
issues, or RPM issues, only the port-specific teams do.  I know I don't
read any RPM emails and any MSI issues are dealt with by the Win32
people.