Re: TODO item: list prepared queries - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: TODO item: list prepared queries
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 10:56 +0100, Joachim Wieland wrote:
> > I propose the attached patch for the TODO item:
> >
> > * %Allow pooled connections to list all prepared queries
>
> I think we should also return the parameters of each prepared statement.
> Probably the best way to do this is to add another column to
> pg_prepared_statements, containing an array of parameter type OIDs. I'll
> do that before applying the patch.
>
> One minor irritation is that the query string of prepared statements
> created via SQL has "PREPARE ... AS" prefixed to it, whereas statements
> prepared via the FE-BE protocol do not. This should probably be fixed,
> but I can't see a clean way to do it: I think we'd need to munge the
> actual SQL string itself and remove the "PREPARE ..." prefix. Thoughts?

Is there a way to do it in the parser/analyzer, and save only the actual
prepared query instead of the whole thing?  We could show additional
columns in the pg_prepared_statements, indicating whether this is
PREPARE (and the statement's name) or a Parse message.