Re: ERROR: could not find function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: ERROR: could not find function
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 10:08:12AM -0800, vishal saberwal wrote:
> hi all,
> I am having problems creating functions. Though i can still replace the
> already existing functions that i had created a while back in postgres
> 7.4.5.Now I am running postgres
> 8.0.1.
>
> The code below compiles without errrors.
> gcc -Wall -I /root/postgresql-8.0.1/src/include -shared
> -Wl,-soname,resource_test.so.1 -o resource_test.so resource_test.c
>
> The error is:
> xy_db=# create or replace function Export_Resource_Select(text,text,text)
> returns text as
> xy_db-# '/root/resource_test.so' language 'c';
> ERROR:  could not find function "export_resource_select" in file
> "/root/resource_test.so"

The error is probably due to your function being called
"Export_Resource_Select", which is not what you told postgres. C is
absolutly not case-insensetive. So you should specify the function name
directly.

create or replace function Export_Resource_Select(text,text,text)
returns text as 'Export_Resource_Select','/root/resource_test.so' language 'c';

Have a nice day,

Attachment