initdb detecting date order - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject initdb detecting date order
Date
List pgsql-patches
Here's a patch for initdb detecting the date order of the lc_time locale
and initializing the datestyle parameter of the new cluster
accordingly.

This relies on feeding an umambiguous date through strftime("%x") and
checking in which order things come out.  (This was suggested to me by
Martin Pitt a while ago.)  I've tested this with a number of locales
and it seems to work.  Does anyone see a problem with this?

(Documentation and perhaps an initdb progress notification line is of
course still missing.)

--
Peter Eisentraut

Attachment