Re: Integration Requirements - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Integration Requirements
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Magnus,
>
>> Then again, "highly dynamic" does *not* necessarily mean you can't use a
>> set of static mirrors to do it. You just need to isolate parts of the
>> system, and put them in the right place. This is something that in my
>> experience most stock CMSes today to a bad job of, whereas custom ones
>> can do a better one.
>
> Actually, it does.  You can't do full text search with a static mirror.
> You can't do bookmarking with a static mirror.  You can't do article
> feedback with a static mirror.  Need I go on?

Of course you can ... you have the 'feedback' link go back to the master
server, same with the 'search link' ... we've been doing both on the
www.postgresql.org websites for ages now *shrug*  The docs are
interactive, and we definitely have searching available ...

----