BUG #2074: Error switching connection in embedded PostgreSQL program - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Edoardo Innocenti
Subject BUG #2074: Error switching connection in embedded PostgreSQL program
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2074
Logged by:          Edoardo Innocenti
Email address:      edoardo.innocenti@sdb.it
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.0
Operating system:   Linux
program
Details:

We have problem on switching connection in PostgreSQL 8.1.0 database. Here a
test case:

#include <stdio.h>

main ()

{

 EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;

 EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;

 EXEC SQL CONNECT TO tcp:postgresql://localhost/basedati1 AS connection1
USER root;

 EXEC SQL CONNECT TO tcp:postgresql://localhost/basedati2 AS

 connection2 USER root;

 EXEC SQL SET CONNECTION connection1;  (*)

 EXEC SQL DISCONNECT connection1;

 EXEC SQL DISCONNECT connection2;

}

We have syntax error when compiling this example with ecpg at line (*)
(this is the syntax used in 8.1 documentation).

If we write

#include <stdio.h>

main ()

{

 EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;

 EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;

 EXEC SQL CONNECT TO tcp:postgresql://localhost/basedati1 AS  connection1
USER root;

 EXEC SQL CONNECT TO tcp:postgresql://localhost/basedati2 AS  connection2
USER root;

 EXEC SQL SET CONNECTION TO connection1;

 EXEC SQL DISCONNECT connection1;

 EXEC SQL DISCONNECT connection2;

}

we haven't compiling errors but we obtain [4-1] ERROR:  unrecognized
configuration parameter "connection" in PostgreSQL logs.

Thanks in advance