Re: pgadmin3 crashes when editing tables - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Patrick McDonnell
Subject Re: pgadmin3 crashes when editing tables
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 11:27:06PM +0100, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Patrick McDonnell wrote:
>
> >Hi -
> >I'm experiencing a problem with pgadmin3 1.4.0.  I'm running it on
> >Gentoo Linux.  I had the same problem with the 1.2.2 release.
> >Basically, pgadmin3 will crash under certain circumstances when editing
> >the contents of a table in the grid editor.  It seems to occur when one
> >column is a serial column, getting its values from a sequence.  If this
> >column is left blank, other fields filled in, and then press Enter, the
> >entire program crashes, without any error messages other than
> >"Segmentation Fault."
> >While not a show-stopper, this definately makes the program less useful.
> >I'm not sure if other are experiencing the problem, or if its unique to
> >the combination of libraries I'm linking to...  I don't have very much
> >experience in this area, so I'd appreciate any help I can get.  I'd be
> >happy to provide more information about my setup as needed.
> >

> Could you provide the table definition (esp. primary key, with/out OIDS)
>
> Regards,
> Andreas
CREATE TABLE "127t98".other_units
(person varchar(10),unit varchar(30),"location" varchar(40),councilno varchar(5),id int4 NOT NULL DEFAULT
nextval('"127t98".other_units_id_seq'::text),CONSTRAINTother_units_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id))  WITHOUT OIDS;

--
Patrick McDonnell