how to test a PL/pgSQL function using pgAdmin III ? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Charles Bai
Subject how to test a PL/pgSQL function using pgAdmin III ?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

I created a plpgsql function in pgAdmin III and it will insert a record into a table. I am not ready to test it with my App. Can I test it first with pgAdmin III Query window? What would be the syntax to test it?

My function is      myuser_insert(varchar, varchar)

I tried

Execute myuser_insert('mylogin_id', 'mypassword');

But not working. ERROR:  prepared statement "myuser_insert" does not exist

Thanks for any help.