Re: ruby/postgres - getting assoc array of rows? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: ruby/postgres - getting assoc array of rows?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 11:36:20AM -0800, CSN wrote:
> --- Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
> > What versions of Ruby and ruby-postgres are you using?  Did you use
> > exactly the code I posted or did you do something different?  The
> > only way to get a PGrow object (other than building it yourself)
> > is from PGresult#each or some method that calls it, so this won't
> > work:
>
> I'm using Ruby 1.8 and postgres 0.7.1 (installed via gem).

That explains it.  I've been using the ruby-postgres-20050412
snapshot; I just grabbed the 0.7.1 source code and it doesn't have
the PGrow type, nor the PGconn.new syntax that I've been using.

I see that a 20051119 snapshot is now available:

http://ruby.scripting.ca/postgres/

--
Michael Fuhr