Re: 3 x PostgreSQL in cluster/redunant - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michelle Konzack
Subject Re: 3 x PostgreSQL in cluster/redunant
Date
List pgsql-general
Am 2005-11-15 12:06:20, schrieb Joshua D. Drake:

> >Unfortunatly the Controllers in the three SUN-Servers do not support
> >300 GByte SCSI-Drives, so I have to continue with the Raid-5 of 16x
> >76 GByte.
> >
> Could you do RAID 10?

With 14 Drives ?

Do not know, whether the controller support it, because they are 16
drives on each box and NOT 15.  It is connected to the normal SCSI
controller but suppoert 16 Drives because Hot-Spare.

Raid-10 mean, that I will lost the half of my Diskspace which is realy
inacceptable.

I have gotten those 3 Servers from an Enterprise which has changed the
System entirely and I have currently not the money to buy such Server
new...

Even if I want to buy a couple of 1U Raid-1 Servers with two 300 GByte
SCSI drives each, it will up all my resources. ~4500 Euro/Server

> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi