Conversion between BpChar and "C" char - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From dawizz
Subject Conversion between BpChar and "C" char
Date
List pgsql-novice
Dear all,

Can anyone give me a hint about converting and casting between
BpChar and char..  I'm trying to return the value off buff, and I have the
example from one site in zcech language. So I'm looking for the missing
link.. Because I think I do not handle the memory calls correclty     ;-(
If I get on the right rack I'm very pleased ofcource...    ;-)

    int     *idx;
    int     *varlen;
    char    *buff[40];
    char    *term = "\n";