BUG #2049: pg_dump BACKUP error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Prakash Suryavanshi
Subject BUG #2049: pg_dump BACKUP error
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2049
Logged by:          Prakash Suryavanshi
Email address:      cadet_02prakash@yahoo.com
PostgreSQL version: 7.2
Operating system:   Linux
Details:

Respected Sir,
        I am working on Linux 9.0 and using postgres 7.2 on it. I am facing
problem while taking backup of database. I am elaborating situation as
follows.

Pg_dump commond used to take a backup of my database the command which I
used is as follows

  >   pg_dump <Database name> > <target file name>

system flashes error as follows

bash-2.05b$ pg_dump chrome2105 > 2nov1505
pg_dump: ERROR:  _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation ed_accounttype:
Permission denied
pg_dump: lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
pg_dump: SQL command to dump the contents of table "ed_accounttype" failed:
PQendcopy() failed.
pg_dump: Error message from server: pg_dump: The command was: COPY
public.ed_accounttype (accounttypeid, sname, shname, des, active,
systemflag, softdelete, datalocationid) TO stdout;
bash-2.05b$

Can anybody send me solution how to take backup if above error occured..?
This is happening frequently. I had formated the server and again installed
Linux then restore database steel problem persist.

hopping to get early response.

Thanks and regards
Prakash Suryavanshi
iota technologies ltd., Pune